Old 10-10-2006, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith Lea[_23_] Judith Lea[_23_] is offline

Default runner beans

In article , P. Brookes
writes
Hi Judith

Apologies for butting in.

Liz, Don't apologise!!! it is lovely that so many people are keen to
pass on their experiences as I have been an absolute disaster with
freeing veggies. However, I am actually a complete disaster in the
kitchen anyway so Edward bought me a concrete mixer for my birthday -
don't ask, that's another story but I can and do use it.

We use a Krisk Bean Stringer and Slicer to process them and bag them
straight to the freezer.
We never blanch them as I think they come out of the freezer a lot worse
than just freezing them direct.
They cook out of the freezer nearly as well as fresh. This might be because
it only takes a very short cooking time if they are shredded compared to
cross-wise cut "lumps"

I am going to try this method as well, so I shall have 3 experiments and
I will have a tasting panel (family) to see which is considered the
best.

Thank you for your advice.

--
Judith Lea