Old 10-10-2006, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith Lea[_25_] Judith Lea[_25_] is offline

Default runner beans

In article , JennyC
writes

My Mum used to preserve them in salt. They were my favorite veg :~))

Found this for you
http://www.foodbanter.com/preserving...er-beans.html:

Thanks Jenny, I will add this to the experiments - now up to 4. I have
got lots of the Kilner jars as I used to (in the days when I cooked)
make a lot of jam. I have just shouted to Edward, pick some more, he is
scratching his head and wondering who is going to do all the
preparation.

I hope that you can come to my Norfolk urg meet next year (sounds like
Mrs. Bucket) and perhaps I can save some until then! Why not stay a
couple of nights as I know you are coming from Holland - flights with
KLM or Flybee, under 1 hour from Schipol to Norwich and I can pick you
up at the airport. Just had a thought, Rotterdam may have another
airport nearer to you but not fly into Norwich. However, I can always
come to Stanstead for you it's only around 1 hour 20 minutes.

Judith

--
Judith Lea