Old 10-10-2006, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Hogg Chris Hogg is offline

Default Camelia from seed

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006 10:40:45 +0100, "Dave Moore"
wrote:

My camelia has produced one seed pod this year, the first time ever. How
long do I leave it on the plant, and what do I do with it then - I have no
idea about this at all!

Mary

Many varieties of C. japonica will produce pods or 'apples' but a lot
of them contain no viable seed. High pollination temperatures are
required, not usually prevalent in the UK at camellia-flowering time,
but who knows, you may be lucky. If there are some good seeds, follow
Michael's instructions. But it'll take several years to get a plant
mature enough to produce flowers, four or five if you're lucky.

--
Chris