Old 10-10-2006, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default runner beans

"Judith Lea" wrote in message
In article , JennyC
writes

My Mum used to preserve them in salt. They were my favorite veg :~))

Found this for you
http://www.foodbanter.com/preserving...er-beans.html:

Thanks Jenny, I will add this to the experiments - now up to 4. I have
got lots of the Kilner jars as I used to (in the days when I cooked)

OH - on a dry bread diat are you "~)

make a lot of jam. I have just shouted to Edward, pick some more, he is
scratching his head and wondering who is going to do all the preparation.

You need one of those bean slicer thingumigigs that bolt onto a table or
work surface:
Old ones:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BEAN-SLICER-by...cmd ZViewItem
and new:
http://www.kitchenkapersdirect.co.uk...ode=P000001947

I spent many an hour as a child turning the handle of one while my Mum
pushed the beans through :~)

I hope that you can come to my Norfolk urg meet next year (sounds like
Mrs. Bucket) and perhaps I can save some until then! Why not stay a couple
of nights as I know you are coming from Holland - flights with KLM or
Flybee, under 1 hour from Schipol to Norwich and I can pick you up at the
airport. Just had a thought, Rotterdam may have another airport nearer to
you but not fly into Norwich. However, I can always come to Stanstead for
you it's only around 1 hour 20 minutes.

Thansk for the offer Judith, but I might come by car and spend soem time
with other family members..... do you have a date yet?

Judith
Judith Lea