Old 11-10-2006, 04:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Eric Hunt[_1_] Eric Hunt[_1_] is offline

Default ESA

Yeah, I wasn't about to fall for the "it tastes like greasy chicken" story
people were telling me about guinea pig (cuy) in Peru this time around.
*shudder* It doesn't help that they are served on their backs with their
legs splayed out and sticking up.

I had to be browbeat into trying anticucho - marinated slices of beef heart
on skewers that are then grilled. It was OK, not something I would order
again, though.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

wrote in message
oups.com...
Yeah, I tried some a while back. It does -not- taste like chicken,
well, maybe like fishy, very chewy poultry of some kind.