Old 11-10-2006, 08:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default Preserving chillies

On 10 Oct 2006 07:25:22 -0700, "Mike Lyle"
wrote:

I think I'm going to try salting some green chillies, as it used to
work well with my mother's runner beans. If anybody's done it, how did
it go? Should I slit them open, or even halve them lengthwise, to let
the salt in?

Going off slightly on a tangent, I'd like some chilli advice. I have
a plant in a pot, which I grew from seed from a red chilli from the
greengrocer. It is growing well, and has 3 green chillis the size of
the parent one, but they are not turning red.
If I remove them will they ripen?
Will they dry and keep?
There are other flowers and tiny fruit which I want to develop.
This is my first time growing them.

Pam in Bristol