Old 11-10-2006, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Philippe Gautier Philippe Gautier is offline

Default Bloody slugs!

La Puce wrote:
Philippe Gautier wrote:
Funny, I tried the nematodes without any success in my garden and
concluded that it was too damp and cold!!!

Was it in spring? Because that's when you ought to do it. Twice at 3
weeks intervals. You will see the results the following years by seeing
less or none of the tiny little black slugs. I'm looking forward to
next spring to give my experiment a scoring point (cross fingers ;o)

Tu es francais?

Belge!

Don't remember when I used it (long time ago), but I think the
conditions were within the acceptable, temperature-wise. My mistake,
probably, was spraying only the borders and not the other parts of the
garden which looked like "slugs and snails" refuges. But then, I
realized that if I wanted to spray my entire garden, it would cost me a
real fortune! Yes, BTW, the main culprits in my garden are snails rather
than slugs, and it's not quite clear to me if the nematodes work against
snails as well?

Philippe