Old 22-03-2003, 11:29 AM
NWalch

Default Cutting Sleepers by hand

I've just checked the diameter of the sleepers and its 260mm by 160mm
approx. If the circular saw has a cutting depth of 65mm (which seems
to be the usual max) then would this go through (65mm from each side
would leave 30mm in the middle).

Nick

bigjon wrote in message ...
On 18 Mar 2003 00:45:24 -0800, NWalch wrote:

Which model was it.

Nick

bigjon wrote in message .. .
On 17 Mar 2003 14:33:11 -0800, NWalch wrote:

How easy is it to cut railway sleepers with a bow saw. I have a number
I need to cut and I dont want to risk using a chain saw. Would one of
those electric saws (B&D Scorpion) be any good.

Nick

We used a £15.99 circular saw bought just for the job from B&Q to follow a
line round the sleeper - dead easy if you have them at waist height...

Not a clue - it was a few years back and have since lent it to someone who
conveniently forgot to return it...