Old 11-10-2006, 03:55 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Fertilizer 13-13-13 usage questions

On 10 Oct 2006 08:09:59 -0700, wrote:

This sounds more difficult that I thought. I was hoping that I can
simply get a fertilizer at my local homedepot or Lowes. What about
stuffs like Miracle pro? Do I have to go through the same exercise as
what you suggested --- have soil tested?

Yes, have the soil tested. The results will tell you exactly what
kind(s) of fertilizers and amendments your soil needs. Lab tests can
be expensive, but there are home test kits you can purchase at a
reasonable cost. Or, contact your cooperative extension service.