Old 11-10-2006, 03:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] pakrat@localhost.private.neotoma.org is offline

Default ESA

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 08:23:51 -0700 in K Barrett wrote:
Ha! I read a murder mystery list, on it an author asked whether someone
could fake an alligator bite. It was for a story he was writing. Fake the
bite with a pair of old alligaor jaws. So I (holder of infinite knowledge
that I am) emailed him that I thought alligators were protected by the EPA,
ESA and probably even CITES (were one to try to export one across
international borders) that one couldn't get an alligator skull these days.
He wrote back that there are many for sale on eBay. Less than $10.

I'm floored. In a world where people go to jail for their orchids. Where Al
and other vendors are trying to figure out how to keep their orchids legal,
alligator skulls are sold on eBay for less than $10. Alligators were one of
the animals the ESA was designed to protect, no?

I've never heard of putting down a nuisance orchid...

--
Chris Dukes
elfick willg: you can't use dell to beat people, it wouldn't stand up