Old 11-10-2006, 05:45 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that is offline

Default I made the best brush cutter

Hi Eric,

You are right, it works very well. I really don't think there is that
great danger to this thing. As questioned by someone, the Ryobi design
has the nut naturally tightening against rotation.

Considering the Physics I doubt it would do much damage if it did fall
off. The blade is well balanced, operating well within in it's stated
design speed. If by some miracle it did break free, there is still a
full 360 circle for it to to choose an angle for it's escape path.

The risk to my ankles is very low, but then there have always been
Henny Pennys out there. Lotsa noise, but no substance. As to the scar
from ear to ear that some HP mentioned, Physics must be working
differently in his part of the planet.

Given also that fact that these things are available over the counter
in this scumbag litigious-ant world, that comforts me enough to know it
is as safe as it can be.

Dave.

Eric in North Texas wrote:
My dad made one of those years ago out of an actual Weedeater brand

....snip...
is dangerous as hell, but effective is an understatement!!