Old 11-10-2006, 05:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Fighting Ring this Way

La Puce wrote:
wrote:
Quite right too, perfectly understandable {and even OT} but you did
feel able to do so yourself in the news group just up there ^ in the
thread.

g I think this thread's cursed you know ... but quite an eye opener
too.

Isn't it, though. More eyes than you may care for have seen your cheap

bullying threats to Judith.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

On 10/10/06 18:00, in article
. com, "La Puce"

wrote:

Philippe Gautier wrote:
Funny, I tried the nematodes without any success in my garden and
concluded that it was too damp and cold!!!

Was it in spring? Because that's when you ought to do it. Twice at 3
weeks intervals.

snip

Very misleading indeed.

One *starts* applying it in spring when the ground has reached a temp
of
above 5°C or 40°F. You can use nematodes outdoors between mid March
and
October. It can/should then be used continually, every SIX WEEKS
throughout
the year. It's also a good idea to apply it in autumn before the slugs
lay
their eggs. You need to use it for 2 to 3 years before seeing the
full
benefits but it certainly does work.
However, if you apply it only in spring and only twice at 3 weekly
intervals, of course it won't work.
For vine weevil, we apply it in April and October and we don't have
vine
weevil.