Old 11-10-2006, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Baraclough Janet Baraclough is offline

Default Biodynamics

The message
from contains these words:

After your initial reference to your "entire family" living under a
Nazi regime for 5 years I idly wondered if your "entire family"
included your good self. I had assumed that if it was "entire" it must
have done,

I think you made a wrong assumption there, possibly you are a younger
generation?

A 20 year old Londoner or Glaswegian or Dresdener today, was not in
the Blitx. But they might truthfully say, " my entire family was bombed
out during the blitz" Wartime experiences affected entire familes at
the time, and the after- effects did not cease when the war ended. An
entire postwar generation, mine, was brought up in the shadow of what
ALL their older siblings, parents, aunts and uncles, grandparents, had
just survived..or not.

Janet.