Old 11-10-2006, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David in Normandy David in Normandy is offline

Default Rosa Rugosa

I've bought a "Rosa Rugosa Exception" today, it has a number of large ripe
hips. Can these be stored and the hips split and the seeds planted in
Spring? I'd like to plant a hedgerow of them if I can, though I imagine
they'd need to be grown for a year or two in pots until they are big enough
to plant out. Will they come more or less true? Any tips for the storing and
planting of the seeds?
--
David
.... Email address on website http://www.avisoft.co.uk