Old 11-10-2006, 09:18 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Ledford Jim Ledford is offline

Default International 300 Utility

Srgnt Billko wrote:

My 300 tractor has been sitting alone up in the woods for a couple years
ever since I hooked the left front wheel on a tree and stripped the steering
gear . My nephew decided we should get her out of there so yesterday we
started on that project. He drained the old gas while I stuck a new battery
in. We tried the key and the switch was corroded and wouldn't turn. Spray
lubricant and playing with it got it to turn. Hit the starter button and
that was corroded beyond help so we took it out and bypassed it. The
starter solenoid clicked lightly but repeated tapping didn't get the starter
engaged so I'll pick up a new 6 volt solenoid at NAPA today. (and a heavy
duty push button switch) We'll get back at it this afternoon. If it
doesn't rain we should have "Old Bertha" out of there before dark.

ROTFLMAO

I bet you were left wondering why I never
tried explaining lime to you.

"till the wood chips in. add some lime."