Old 12-10-2006, 03:16 AM posted to rec.gardens
raycruzer raycruzer is offline

Default best spot weed killer

Yes on Roundup and weed torches or flamers.

But, keep in mind that herbicides and flamers do not actually remove
weeds. Even if they successfully kill the weeds, the weeds are still
there. This means that they take space in lawns, for example, where
you need good grass to grow.

That's why it's better to use a tool that actually removes weeds, like
the "Herbicide Helper" Weed Twister. This tool will twist out
crabgrass dead or alive. The sooner the crabgrass is gone, the sooner
your good grass can take its place.

For more info on the Herbicide Helper check out weedtwister.com.

Twist, clean up on weeds after Roundup, and save on herbicide costs!

BTW not all weed twisters are the same...

kenv wrote:
But a weed torch. You can get them at Home depot. IT fries the weed and
nothing else.

"tenplay" wrote in message
. ..
I would like to zap weeds growing in the lawn and garden without harming
the grass and plants growing around the weeds. What is the best way to do
it? I saw something called a Weed Stick online, where you supposedly walk
around injecting any kind of concentrated weed killer directly on the weed.
Anyone try it? Would WD40 or gasoline work using a direct applicator? It
sounds like a lot of folks use Roundup, but I find that it works too slow.
It seems to take a couple of days for the leaves to begin turning brown.
Thanks for any suggestions.