Old 12-10-2006, 08:05 AM posted to rec.gardens
Flora[_2_] Flora[_2_] is offline

Default Rex Begonias

Kay Lancaster wrote:

FWIW, I used to get about a 95% "take" of rex begonia leaf cuttings
(the segmented cuttings, in sphagnum and sand) in sbout a month on
mist benches with bottom heat.

Hi there,
Did you heat the cuttings 24/7, or only during the day? What temp? I tried
this with some of them - a heating pad under the terrarium base. It was
about 80F inside, ambient temp. 16 hours a day. I had a moisture source,
but not a mist bench. Maybe I'll try it again with peat moss and sand.
What ratio did you mix?

Thanks,
Flora