Old 12-10-2006, 08:07 AM posted to rec.gardens
Snooze[_1_] Snooze[_1_] is offline

Default Perfect Patch seed any good?

"Michael Rosen" wrote in message
ups.com...
I saw an infomercial for a grass seed called Perfect Patch recently.
It claims to grow anywhere. Has anyone actually tried this? I don't
put much faith in infomercials.

Awfully expensive for what it is, grass seed, mixed with green colored
mulch. My bet is it's rye seed, grows fairly quickly, and lasts long enough
for the rest of the lawn to fill in. You're probably better off buying a bag
of topsoil and a bag of grass seed. For the same $20 you'll have more then
enough seed and "patch" soil to patch the entire lawn all season.

-S