Old 12-10-2006, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Brrrrrrr

On 12/10/06 09:09, in article , "Broadback"

Bob Hobden wrote:
main roads flooded quite deeply right across in places,

I have noticed down the years that newer, shiney, big wide roads are
prone to flooding, frost, fog, and drifting snow. It occured to me
many years ago that there is a simple explanation for this. Where do
they build the roads? where there are no houses. Why, after 2000
years of opportunity has no-one yet put a house in that location?
Could it be because those are the spots that get the worst of the fog,
frost, and floods?

Torrential rain here in North Staffordshire yesterday ,Wednesday. By a
stroke of good luck the Suttons catalogue arrived on Tuesday and the
Dobies one a few days before, so I spent several happy hours browsing
and marking. Dobies prices are considerably cheaper on most seeds than
Suttons, also more in a packet. Also it seems to me that either they are
really the same company or closely connected, does anyone know? Today
dawned bright and chilly, seems that Autumn has arrived.

Sounds like a pretty mixed bag as to weather but with some seriously nasty
stuff thrown in. There were terrible lightning strikes in Plymouth the
other day while we had ours early last Wednesday morning. But today is fair
and pretty bright and dry, too. The menfolk have started a massive tidy
up/regeneration programme for the private area of our garden and drive and
it looks like a battlefield atm but will improve soon - I hope!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk