Old 12-10-2006, 10:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Gardening charities

On 12/10/06 08:56, in article , "Charlie
Pridham" wrote:

snip

Virtually the entire population buy some cards from one charity or another I
don't see why brownie points comes into it. You have to get your cards from
somewhere (unless you are my sister who does not bother)

Don't worry about it, Charlie, just consider the source, as they say! I
only mentioned it here because it's a charity to do with gardening.
My take on it is that if you're going to buy them at all, the money might as
well do some good, too. We've pruned our list over the years because when
we married, rather late in life, we both had huge lists to combine. We were
going to get them from the RNLI but will now get other bits and pieces from
them, like calendars and wrapping paper etc. Part of what horrifies me
about Christmas spending is how much of it is this stuff that will simply be
thrown away! I used always to have our address printed on our cards but I've
given that up since last year. If people don't know where we live by
now....but it's amazing that we still get cards from "John" or "Ann" but
have no clue as to who they are!
However, I'm really grateful for the link to the Perennial site. Some of
their cards are really lovely.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk