Old 12-10-2006, 11:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Where can I get sweetcorn seeds which is not a hybrid?

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
ups.com...

Alan Holmes wrote:
"K" wrote in message

[...]
Why do you want non-hybrid sweetcorn?

So I can save the seed and get the same variety for the next year!

I don't think it would work; as I mentioned before, I think all

sweet
corn, like all our cereals, is the product of hybridisation.

I don't think this is universally right Mike. I know that some of the
old forms of sweet corn can still be bought (at least in Oz) but I
don't know how they'd go in a cooler UK growing season (although given
that many UK gardeners seem to have access to tunnel houses etc, then
that should help it grow. The firm mentioned below has a range of
corn including Bali and Anasasi corn
http://www.edenseeds.com.au/content/main.html