Old 12-10-2006, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith Lea[_27_] Judith Lea[_27_] is offline

Default runner beans

In article , JennyC
writes
OH - on a dry bread diat are you "~)

Sorry to take so long to reply - I was in the garden all day yesterday,
picking beans, apples for chutney and leaping up and down on mole hills.
As for dry bread diet, Edward is a superb cook, when he lived in Paris
for years, he had only just qualified and was quite hard up so he taught
himself to cook, and he does it much better than I do. When Fiona went
off to Guy's Hospital and Mary to University, I decided my cooking days
were over and I took over the things I actually enjoyed doing. Edward
says he got the best bargain, as he has less to do than me. I don't
think so, today he will be cursing me after doing all the beans in 4
different ways. I will let you know the outcome.

You need one of those bean slicer thingumigigs that bolt onto a table or
work surface:
Old ones:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BEAN-SLICER-by...temZ1300056548
16QQihZ003QQcategoryZ982QQcmdZViewItem
and new:
http://www.kitchenkapersdirect.co.uk...ode=P000001947

Thanks for the link, is it as good as the little French thing I use,
where it slices and takes off the outer edge for discarding at the same
time?

Thansk for the offer Judith, but I might come by car and spend soem time
with other family members..... do you have a date yet?

It looks as if it will probably be the weekend commencing 15th June 2007
- I have had confirmation of most of the dates that I need to work next
year but it looks as if I have a complete week free then. I really hope
you can make it, it will be so nice to see you after all these years of
reading you.

I can email you with maps etc., if you like nearer the time and let me
know if you would like to stay, you will be made very welcome.

I am going to start a new thread later on regarding a problem in the
garden I noticed yesterday on my roses, never seen it before so I am at
a loss.

--
Judith Lea