Old 12-10-2006, 01:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Wonderful weather

In article ,
"Charlie Pridham" writes:
| "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message
|

| I wish I could say me too but it has been monsoon weather here-nice and
| warm
| so still good growing weather. Tibouchina /Cassia are these evergreen and
| what chance would a very optimistic chap in Yorkshire stand with them? :-)
|
| You may possibly get away with Tibouchina against a hot wall with a loose
| mulch but are unlikely to see flowers. Not sure about the cassia (senna) as
| the form I have now is a lot hardier than its predecessor and kept its
| leaves last winter and has grown huge.

My experience is that Tibouchina doesn't LIKE hot weather - it seems
to like days of 15-25 Celsius and a fair amount of rain. I suspect
that it may be a montaine plant. he will have no problems with not
getting flowers - mine is flowering vigorously outside, as it did up
to June and has done since August (seriously).

I doubt very much, however, that it would take a Yorkshire winter
outside.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.