Old 12-10-2006, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David in Normandy David in Normandy is offline

Default Rosa Rugosa

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "David in Normandy" contains these
words:

Thank you for the replies Gary and Janets.
I will try both methods. I've taken a small cutting off it for now and
three
hips - my other half would't let me take more hips as they are "too
pretty"
and she wants to see them on the bush!

The gorgeous fat hips are a favourite with birds, soon she won't be
able to tell what pecked them.

Janet.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if tomorrow morning a pigeon ate the
remaining hips but spat-out the seeds into a nearby plantpot ;-)

Thinking about it, I wonder if black labradors eat them too? He eats
everything else, including wind-fall peaches. First dog we've had that goes
scrumping! He even eats the juicy black seeds that fall off the laurel
hedge, we keep telling him off, but he sneaks off and eats more, I would
have assumed the seeds were poisonous but he seems healthy enough.

David.