Old 12-10-2006, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Gardening charities

Charlie Pridham wrote:
Virtually the entire population buy some cards from one charity or another I
don't see why brownie points comes into it. You have to get your cards from
somewhere (unless you are my sister who does not bother)

I make them myself and therefore find that I don't just send them
because I happen to have one for someone. I make them with the person
in mind. Last year I attached a bit of mistletoes. What is surprising
to a foreenieur is as much as, in France, we have cards for every
occasions, we send them, not give them face to face. And that is the
difference which has surprised me.

For many years now we send emails as greetings for Christmas and gave
the money to charity. Last years I raised £1.5K (saving on cards,
postage, team dinner, festive decorations and parafernarlia and travel)
and sent it to the Pakistan Earthquake appeal. Brownies points? No ...
only the warm satisfaction that something so simple can be achieved )

Doing it again this year!