Old 12-10-2006, 05:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Rob Rob is offline

Default Trophy Ideas

K Barrett wrote:
Wow! Those sure beat what we do. (a digital picture of the plant,
framed( costs $4-16))

I'd take that... Sounds like a great trophy to me.

Last fall I went to a show in Cleveland and they printed a picture of
the trophy plant on a coffee mug. Interesting idea. I do have plenty
of mugs already (who doesn't), but it is an interesting concept in this
age of instant personalization. Maybe a T-shirt...

We have a local glass artist who does the trophies for a lot of shows in
the area. He is also an orchid grower (used to sell). He makes up some
nice glass vases with etched pictures of various orchids on them, and
they are quite inexpensive, considering. They are very nice, I like
winning them (on those rare occasions when I win something). If you are
interested in that, I can send you his contact information via e-mail.

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1