Old 12-10-2006, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Fighting Ring this Way

On 11/10/06 23:29, in article , "Alan
Holmes" wrote:

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
What I meant was that it is Vulgar to boast about qualifications-so you
are
unlikely to get a response from me or anyone else on this point.

Giving qualifications isn't vulgar - it is necessary to see whether the
person has the appropriate level of knowledge. As for getting response
from anyone else, that is not for you to decide.

From my vast experience of working with people with 'qualifications',
generally the people who boast about their 'qualifications', are generally
thick headed, and have no practical experience.

I've certainly noticed that the people on here that I *know* to be the most
qualified both in paper terms and actual experience terms, are the ones who
make the least noise about it. That kind of quiet confidence tends to give
others confidence in their knowledge and advice, IMO. The screaming and
shouting of the show off with little to boast about has the precise opposite
effect, both here and in any other walk of life, IMO.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk