Old 12-10-2006, 04:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Baraclough Janet Baraclough is offline

Default Rosa Rugosa

The message
from "David in Normandy" contains these
words:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "David in Normandy" contains these
words:

Thank you for the replies Gary and Janets.
I will try both methods. I've taken a small cutting off it for now and
three
hips - my other half would't let me take more hips as they are "too
pretty"
and she wants to see them on the bush!

The gorgeous fat hips are a favourite with birds, soon she won't be
able to tell what pecked them.

Janet.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if tomorrow morning a pigeon ate the
remaining hips but spat-out the seeds into a nearby plantpot ;-)

Me neither.

Thinking about it, I wonder if black labradors eat them too? He eats
everything else, including wind-fall peaches. First dog we've had that goes
scrumping!

We've had several dogs which picked and ate strawberries, and
enjoyed apples. The present one only picks and eats blackberries.

Janet.