Old 12-10-2006, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
PB PB is offline

Default Where can I get sweetcorn seeds which is not a hybrid?

Mike Lyle wrote:

In any case, the big objection to the plan is Nick's, reinforced by
you: the virtual impossibility of ripening seed in the British climate.

Round here in Lincolnshire there are huge stands of maize, used as a
cover crop for game birds, I imagine at some time the corn would have
been at an eatable state, its now mostly hard as nails. The cobs are
full of dark yellow kernels.