Old 12-10-2006, 08:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David in Normandy David in Normandy is offline

Default The "Gardener's Car" very OT at present

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"David in Normandy" wrote in message

... Most
of the roads here in France are in excellent condition, even the single
track roads through the middle of nowhere!

Not according to a grandson who lives in the more southern sticks. There
are just tracks, he says.

Mary

I stand corrected :-). My experience of the roads only covers Northern
France and down to the Dordogne. The roads are certainly better maintained
than where we lived in England. The road was in a dreadful condition back
there and had been for many years then joy oh joy a new road surface and new
pavements were laid.
Two weeks afterwards Diamond Cable came along and dug it all up leaving
raised manhole covers and deep groves in the pavements :-(

David.