Old 13-10-2006, 12:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Wonderful weather

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
from "Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow contains these words:

It reached 30 degrees here today and it's still only Spring. This

is
the first year that I can remember the ground being so dry that

the
deciduous trees need watering before they've even burst into leaf.

That doesn't bode well for an Australian summer :-(.

No. About a third of the wheat crop around the country has already
failed and a relative who lives in an area which is not yet considered
by the government to be overly drought affected has lost all their
wheat, oats and barley crops and have already had to start feeding out
their reserved wheat to the sheep. We're trying to get in somehay as
we know the price is going to skyrocket. 6 years of drought now :-((