Old 13-10-2006, 07:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike in Spain Mike in Spain is offline

Default Brrrrrrr

On Oct 12, 5:51 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 12/10/06 14:42, in article
om, "Mike in Spain"

wrote:

On Oct 12, 11:07 am, Sacha wrote:snip But today is fair and pretty bright and dry, too. The menfolk have started a massive tidy
up/regeneration programme for the private area of our garden and drive and
it looks like a battlefield atm but will improve soon - I hope!
--

Still only two days rain since April here, and daytime temps at last
are getting below 30 degrees, my winter petunia bedding plants are just

nights get? I imagine you don't have to worry about pelargoniums
over-wintering and so on?
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devonhttp://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/

No, we do't get frosts, well we did for just one night last winter, and
that was gone by 8am, never touched the tender plants, mind you even in
the depths of 'winter' the day time temps get up to 20 degrees, coldest
day last winter was 15 degrees, so it was thermals weather. Actually it
is amazing how cold that feels when you are used to temps over 20,
thats when the people living here are in jeans and jumpers, and the
tourists are in shorts and t shirts. We can always tell who are the
tourists in winter. Biggest problem we have with pelargoniums is the
geranium moth, really decimates them, so have to spray regularly.