Old 13-10-2006, 10:20 AM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.environment.conservation,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture
Jim Webster Jim Webster is offline

Default WildLife Sanctuary ideas please.

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Jim Webster"
wrote
They call the relative pimples in Arrochar in Scotland, the "Arrochar
Alps" :-)

there are alps just outside Ulverston which barely warrant being called
hills!
I suspect it derives from the meaning "hill pasture" or 'mountain
pasture'
Jim Webster

Ha - here in Holland our tallest mountain is 110metres above sea level.
They supply oxygen masks for climbers "~)
Jenny (living 6 metres BELOW sea level!)

I believe that the Dutch can suffer from vertigo as they stand on the kerb
looking down onto the road surface ;-))

I confess that I'm not so low living as your good self. our highest point is
31m, but seeing as how I live in Cumbria where everyone assumes you live
half way up a mountain, it is something of an embarassment!

Jim Webster