Old 13-10-2006, 02:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Bonner Martin Bonner is offline

Default Rosa Rugosa

Farm1 wrote:
"Martin Bonner" wrote in message
ups.com...

Farm1 wrote:
And as bananas are now selling for from between 4 and 6 UK
pounds/kg due to a cyclones destroying most of the banana
crop I hope the family has moved the fruit bowl

HOW MUCH!?! We bought them for 4lbs/UKP
at Bury St Edmunds market last weekend.

You lucky duck! I'm green with envy at what you paid! I live in
Australia

Ah! Right. That does make a difference :-)

and a cyclone took out our local crop.

:-(

But on the other hand, can you get the banana equivalent of Granny
Smiths and Russets and Blenheim Orange and ... ? In Britain we get
stuck with the banana equivalent of commercially grown Golden
Delicious.

It was about two months after tasting /real/ bananas in India before I
could bring myself to eat a British banana again.