Old 13-10-2006, 08:18 PM posted to rec.gardens
raycruzer raycruzer is offline

Default best spot weed killer

I mostly give away a lot of information for free, based on extensive
research.

My work is compensated somewhat by sales of products mostly related to
weeds. Although it's not a lot of money, I may make a small commission
from the sale of Roundup, for example, if it's purchased from one of my
affiliated websites. Even though I may benefit from Roundup sales and
other competing herbicides and tools, I'm more concerned about
consumers making good decisions especially when toxic chemicals are
concerned.

I look at it this way, a weed is a nuisance to horticulture but by
itself is not toxic or harmful to your health. In agriculture, weeds
can reduce productivity, but there is no productivity in ornamental
gardens and lawns, unless you sell your grass clippings. We want
things to look nice at home, but when we use toxic chemicals we are
trading a visual nuisance for a health risk.

I use Roundup on special situations where my tools won't work, such as
Tree of Heaven trees greater than 5 feet tall, for example. When I
spray these plants, I label them with a red HERBICIDE HAZARD label with
a date and the type of herbicide marked on the label. This reminds me
and others not to touch the toxic leaves.

Whatever I, and others, may say to caution customers about herbicides,
our words are just a drop in the bucket compared with the millions of
dollars of TV advertising spent to promote these products.

Actually, weeding can be fun!

---
Raycruzer
weeder

John McWilliams wrote:
raycruzer wrote:

I agree that they are usually dead and harmless, IF DEAD. The
glyphosate is active IN THE PLANT for several days, even though the
chemicals decompose IN THE SOIL.

Snipped bits out \

I had written:

I am quite curious about the points that Mr. Bachman raised. Could you
kindly address them?

Thanks. I was looking also for you to address any commercial ties you
may have thereto.

--
john mcwilliams