Old 13-10-2006, 08:29 PM posted to rec.gardens
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default Lawnmower

Korbinian wrote:
I am about to purchase a new lawnmower, but i am in a quandry as to
which type i will buy, either petrol driven or electric. Can anyone
tell me whether there is a significant difference between these types,
with respect to grass cutting quality?

A good electric can do a superb job of cutting lawn areas if one keeps
after the job and doesn't try to chop down weeks of growth at a single
go. When a blade of grass is cut by a rapidly-spinning sharp blade it
doesn't stop to consider what the source of the spin might be.

Personally, I decided on a battery powered mower since, despite a lot
area of 1.25A, my mowable area probably doesn't cover 100 square meters.
The two 12-volt batteries make this mower heavier than the corded sort
but in my experience the latter aren't good for more than a postage
stamp lawn. Besides I'd invariably lose concentration and mangle the cord...

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]