Old 13-10-2006, 05:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Rosa Rugosa

On 13/10/06 17:17, in article , "JennyC"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote
, "Sue" wrote:
I seem to remember we were still given Delrosa rose-hip syrup when I was
small.

I was given Parrish's Chemical Food and some malty tasting treacly dark
goo.
I didn't mind the latter but the PCF was disgusting and you had to drink
it
through a straw because it stained the teeth. I hate to think what it did
to the insides!
Sacha

What about that WONDERFUL syrupy orange juice that came in a square bottle
......... I loved that :~)
Jenny

Urggghhh, no - awful memories! Our school matron had the vile idea that
that kind of juice mixed with hot water was the sovereign cure for
everything from a bash on the shins at hockey to a broken arm. It was
absolutely disgusting. A glass of that and one measly aspirin plus half an
hour's sitting down used to get "now off you go and run around, dear".
Blech.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk