Old 13-10-2006, 10:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default Butterfly ID

"Neil Jones" wrote in message
Charlie Pridham wrote:

"echinosum" wrote in message

Charlie Pridham Wrote:
Also saw a lot of Milkweed Butterflies which at first thought to be
Monarchs but they were lower down
Monarch and Milkweed is same thing. See http://tinyurl.com/yk7kc4

--
echinosum

Thanks! that's obviously why they looked like monarchs, do you know why
they are called milkweeds instead in the uk?

Generally they aren't. Usually we lepidopterists ( butterfly and moth
people) call them Monarchs.

Neil Jones
http://www.butterflyguy.com/

That one is not my fault! the only book on butterflies they could produce at
the hotel was an old uk edition of the "observers book of butterflies", they
called them milkweeds in that although I thought at the time they looked
like the monarchs I had seen in America.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk