Old 13-10-2006, 09:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Nancy G. Nancy G. is offline

Default What a week

Four days? Holy gazzoly!! It took me only about two hours. You must
have Kew Gardens out there.

J. Del Col

No, just the best of a bad arrangement. Walk up a hill with a flat or
box with 3 to 6 plants, pick off dead leaves, water, and spray, then
move inside after they have dried. The lot is on a hill with a couple
of terraces and a raised deck to the room. I call it the lot from
hell. Just a lot of handling and toting. As said before, time
consuming and tedious. You'd think I'd learn, but haven't. A lot of
the regular tropicals won't find their way inside this year. Maybe
next year, some of the duplicate divisions of my orchids won't find
their way inside.

The lawn tractor was in the wrong place to use for a little trailer and
there didn't seem to be any point to using the truck. By the time I
carry them to the truck and drive around to the door I wouldn't have
gained anything. There were a few interruptions. Some from my B-I-L,
he needed the truck, he needed tools, he needed advice, he needed to
show someone how hard he'd worked.Some from T.