Old 13-10-2006, 10:22 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Sir Topham Hatt Sir Topham Hatt is offline

Default Overseeding before snowing

Not a bad idea if :

1) You overssed before the ground freezes
2) Make sure there is good seed to soil contact

To maintain the good seed to soil contact, this method of overseeding is
usually recd. for areas that have a winter snow cover.

"John61" wrote:

Hi,

My backyard lawn needs overseeding. I wonder if it's a good idea to do it
right before winter. We have a few month snow covering in Midwest Canada

My thought is to overseed right before snowing, and they will germinate
early next spring after snow melting. Or the seeds will die in winter?

Thanks,

John