Old 13-10-2006, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Where can I get sweetcorn seeds which is not a hybrid?

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message

And, as both come from much hotter climes than those of
the UK then I think that it would need the sort of heat such as

found
in either a greenhouse or tunnel house.

I knew that something had been nagging at the back of my brain and I
couldn't drag it to the fore. It finally came into my head to wake me
up at some unearthly hour of the morning.

There was also another reason why I was thinking about the
tunnel/greenhouse and it was to do with crossbreeding. Corn needs
something like 500 metres from other corn or good natural barriers to
stop it from cross breeding.

Alan if you are still interested, I've looked up my "Seed Savers
Handbook" and there is a lot of information in there for someone who
wants to save seed from but I'm not prepared to type it out unless you
are still interested. If you'd like the info let me know and I'll
type it out in full for you.