Old 14-10-2006, 04:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Nancy G. Nancy G. is offline

Default What a week

betsyb wrote:
Seems like a lot of hauling. Why not look for a wagon at a yard sale and
drill holes in the bottom. Load, wash and drain then lug the wagon. A whole
lot easier on your back.

--

BetsyB

You whould see the yard. LOL, The hill I was talking about is terraced
with pavers nearly as steep as stairs. It drops about 4 feet, then is
level for 8 feet, below that is a stone retaining wall planted with
honeysuckle, then it goes to a more gentle slope. Just so happens,
that is where the two best trees are located, about 20 feet apart on
the level 8 feet. We put scrap carpet down under the tables because it
is so hard to mow and it was the best way to keep the grass down. I
really need to post a picture someplace. We used the lawn tractor with
the load hog attached to carry the plants. It carried more, but I had
to put in the tail gate and walk along with to keep the plants from
sliding out or tipping over.

I keep having flashbacks about how pleasant it was in Alabama with a
walkout basement. Open the french doors and just roll everything in
and out. It was wonderful. One of these days, I will have my dream
home. I just have to find plans I like and find the perfect exposure
for my plants.