Old 14-10-2006, 09:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default The "Gardener's Car" very OT at present

Mary Fisher writes

"K" wrote in message

... Which brings me to .. have just been to see "An inconvenient truth"
which was very well worth watching - rather shaking to see so much
evidence all piled up together.

Tell us more ...

It's the one Al Gore has done on global warming. Combination of figures
and graphs and photographs eg of melting of ice sheets in Antarctic,
together with comments on presentation of issues as driven by vested
interests. OK, it's not new, we've been told it all. Just very well
presented, and everything together. I do recommend it - It certainly
wasn't boring.

Out of sample of 928 papers in peer-reviewed journals, not one has cast
doubt on global warming, compared with sample of articles in popular
media where 52% suggest there is controversy in the scientific community
as to whether global warming exists as anything other than another minor
natural fluctuation He compares it to campaigns by tobacco industry
back in 50s and 60s when link with lung cancer was becoming evident.

--
Kay