Old 14-10-2006, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Xmas present for 3rd world ?

JennyC wrote:
I would love to be able to send seed directly to people but that is of
course inpractical.

Last year when we wanted to give money to the Pakistan earth quaker
disaster and I spent perhaps a whole day in total searching the web
looking for organisations on the ground trying to understand what
system was in place to help those poor people. In a forum I found a
young student who was studying in the state. He had returned to
Pakistan and kept a diary of his accounts there. Through him I found an
organisation based at the university of Asad Jammu - where women and
children were brought after the earthquake. I checked it with some
friends in Bradford and donated the money directly to them.