Old 14-10-2006, 01:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Fighting Ring this Way

Sacha writes
On 14/10/06 09:17, in article , "K"
wrote:

snip

We have charities working hard to try and get acceptance in society
those who have facial defects either inherited or as a result of injury,
women trying hard to be judged on the basis of what they can do rather
than on their appearance, and here we are putting forwards 'amusing'
ways to put down people we do not feel look as attractive as ourselves.

URG is regaining its sense of humour and perhaps this is one way of doing
it. These remarks, unlike some other vile personal insults on appearance
posted here in the past, are not directed at any one particular person and
if they were, I'd be one of the first to object - but they're just banter,
what might be called music hall jokes level;

It looks like I may be in a minority here. I still don't find it
amusing to trawl over all the different ways of saying 'she's (it
usually is she) ugly'. I guess I'll just have kill the thread to leave
the rest of you to it.

--
Kay