Old 14-10-2006, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Klara Klara is offline

Default a good year for grapes and butterflies?

In message , MadCow
writes
The leaves are edible as stuffed vine leaves, quite easy to make and
there are lots of recipes on the Web.

That's a good idea. I make stuffed cabbage leaves sometimes, this would
be a nice change.

If the fruit aren't edible it's probably a wine grape, my parents had
one and made wine most years but it was really only good for cooking.

I think that's quite possible, but they are still quite
pleasant, as we discovered this year. The other years they weren't
edible because they seemed to turn into raisins without ever going
through the grape stage.

--
Klara, Gatwick basin