Old 14-10-2006, 03:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christine Rowe Christine Rowe is offline

Default Unheated Greenhouse

Thanx all for your suggestions
Chris
"®óñ© © ² * ¹°°³" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 11:14:29 GMT, "Christine Rowe"
wrote and included this (or some of this):

Hi
Does anyone know what i can grow in an unheated greenhouse
Regards Chris

Stalactites?

Sorry, I'm sure someone may have a more sensible answer (even me
perhaps).

for example, in my greenhouse, unheated except for a little paraffin
heater in the Spring, I grow :-

Tomatoes 10 varieties started from seed in the conservatory
Cucumbers 2 varieties, also from seed
Parsley I usually buy a rooted pack from Tesco, split it up and it
grows like a weed in a greenhouse.
Radish Chuck a few seeds in the soil occasionally during the
season
Lettuce I start some seeds in the conservatory and plant out the
young 'uns in between the tomatoes before they get too big.
TomThumb, Salad bowl, rockets etc all go like the clappers.

When I had two greenhouses I grew some very successful melons and
indoor (late) chrysanthemums.

I've also grown aubergines and peppers

Everything is grown directly in the soil and has been for 15 years.
I sterilise and clean out every December (with a product I won't name)
I was using copious amounts of spent mushroom compost but am now
using mostly 6X and topping up with Growmore, Tomorite and
MiracleGrow. Bit of peat now and again and every other year a
top-up with some garden centre top-soil.

I am relatively lucky and unbothered by wilt or blight. The cucumbers
are planted on mounds of soil and never watered on their leaves or
stems.

Go forth and enjoy!

--
®óñ© © ² * ¹°°³