Old 14-10-2006, 06:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd Kenni Judd is offline

Default Trophy Ideas

In the same vein as Pat's post -- please do distinguish between trophies for
hobbyists and those for professional growers. For the latter category,
plain old vulgar CASH works very well (a couple shows I know of give $100
for best grower exhibit); or trophies which are readily marketable and will
increase in value -- e.g., one year DBOS gave out collectible coins in a
nice package with the "Best in Show" awards.

Plates, vases, glasses, mugs -- tend to turn into dust collectors or
GoodWill donations. Kenni

"Pat Brennan" wrote in message
Limit hardware to hobby growers and use money saved to help defray the
cost of AOS awards granted at the show. One show gave bottles of wine--a
great prize in my book, but some members complained.

Pat

"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
This came from Diana being incharge of trophies.
But I do want to suggest these beauties.

Trophies - can I suggest -- depending on your spending limits --
One we enjoy -http://www.krauskiartglass.com/

We are using the 4" x 4" Beveled Etched Panel with Stained Glass
Border. Finished size of piece with border - 6" x 6". Measured
diagonally as hung - 9" x 9" Each piece comes with one hanging hooks
attached. Colors of the glass used in the borders can be specified
according to your personal taste. -- Mary will work with you on color
or even on a new design. And it is quick - for the fact they make to
order.

We have in the past used the ornaments when we needed less expensive
but lovely awards.

There is also a local photographer who has her photos laminated into
glass cutting boards. They are beautiful but even more expensive.
If any one wants the information - I will ask for her website address.
SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids