Old 14-10-2006, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ² * ¹°°³ ®óñ©  ©  ² * ¹°°³ is offline

Default Brrrrrrr

On 14 Oct 2006 08:33:29 -0700, "Mike in Spain"
wrote and included this (or some of
this):
. Biggest problem we have with pelargoniums is the
geranium moth, really decimates them, so have to spray regularly.Several years ago we had a holiday in Egypt in March and were sunbathing and

swimming and the locals were wearing scarves and sweaters.
I've never heard of the geranium moth but perhaps we don't get that here.
Does it have a natural predator you can encourage into the garden too?

--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devonhttp://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

I don't know of one, and not seen one mentioned in the gardening
articles in the local papers.

Google is your friend

http://www.spainview.com/invaders2.html

Extract :-
The geranium moth, Cacyreus marshalli, is a native of South Africa, as
are pelargoniums, or geraniums. It thrives in Spain because here,
unlike in its homeland, it has no natural predators

--
®óñ© © ² * ¹°°³