Old 14-10-2006, 05:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David in Normandy David in Normandy is offline

Default Where can I get sweetcorn seeds which is not a hybrid?

"David Rance" wrote in message
last ten years or so maize has become a regular crop in Normandy - acres
of the stuff! I would guess that around the Suisse Normande (where I live)
it is the most common arable crop. They leave it on the fields until the
plants are completely dry and withered. Every year. I'm sure David in
Normandy will confirm that. There seem to be two main crops in

Yes, we are surrounded with the stuff, acre upon acre. It is difficult to
see over seven feet high crops and thankfully the farmer harvested that in a
field adjacent to our garden yesterday, so we've got our view of the other
side of the valley back again now :-)
--
David
.... Email address on website http://www.avisoft.co.uk